In this tutorial, we will guide you through the procedure to load patterns in Photoshop CS5.
1. Download the pattern on your desktop and extract the .zip file using your favorite compression software.
2. You should have a .pat file now on your desktop. Open Photoshop and create a new document.
3. Go to the menu located at the top of the screen and click on Edit -> Fill or (Shift+F5)
4. In the contents section, click on the drop-down menu, then select Pattern
5. Click the small arrow next to Custom Pattern, then click the right arrow, and select Load Patterns in the drop-down menu.
6. Then go to your desktop, and select the .pat file, and load it into Photoshop.
7. Finally, the new patterns should appear in the custom pattern window.
8. Click on the one you like and click Ok.
Note: Remember the keyboard shortcut (Shift + F5) to quickly access the custom patterns window.